Home> Find a Lawyer> New York> Dutchess County >Alimony / Spousal Support

New YorkAlimony / Spousal Support Lawyers in Dutchess County, New York

After a marriage ends in divorce or separation, the husband and wife may be on very different financial footing. To remedy this, states have implemented alimony or spousal support, in which one spouse makes payments to the other either during the separation or even after the divorce is finalized. The amount of the alimony or spousal support payments in Dutchess County, New York usually depend on the income and ability of the paying spouse to contribute, and the needs of the payee spouse. It may be altered or modified when circumstances change significantly. Laws vary widely in different jurisdictions, so a local divorce or family law attorney focused on alimony or spousal support cases in Dutchess County, New York can give you legal advice based on your particular circumstances.

Learn More

Anna J. Matula-Evans

Anna J. Matula-Evans
Matula-Evans Law Firm, P.C.
17 Arbor Court
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Licensed for 27 years, Anna J. Matula-Evans is a Family Law and Divorce lawyer who attended Pace Law School... read more >

Leonard Klein

Leonard Klein
Lazar & Schwartz
280 NY-82
Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
Licensed for 58 years, Leonard Klein is a Criminal Defense and Family Law lawyer who attended Albany Law School... read more >

Paul Michael Gayle-Smith

Paul Michael Gayle-Smith
Law Offices of Paul M. Gayle-Smith
4 Roe Dr
Hyde Park, NY 12538
Licensed for 31 years, Paul Michael Gayle-Smith is a Employment Law and Education Law lawyer who attended Columbia Law School... read more >
Showing attorneys 1–3 out of 3

About Dutchess County

Find a Lawyer in Dutchess County, NY

Lawyer Referral Service in Dutchess County, NY - The Dutchess County Bar Association in Poughkeepsie, New York, was established in 1919. During its long history of serving the pubic and the legal community, the DCBA has created an extensive Lawyer Referral Service. For your convenience, you can access the LRS online through the organization's website. You can also be referred to a local attorney by calling the lawyer referral service.

Toggle comparison tool
Remove {attorney_name} from compare list
Remove {attorney_name} from favorite list