Mr. Petro is a founding partner and heads the Workers’ Compensation Department of Petro Cohen, P.C. He has limited his practice to handling workers’ comp cases over the past 40+ years. Mr. Petro is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Workers’ Compensation Law Attorney, which is the highest specialty certification available to workers’ compensation lawyers in New Jersey. He is one of only 18 lawyers in the state that have held this certification since its inception in 1998.
For twenty-seven consecutive years, Mr. Petro has been named on the Best Lawyers in America® list for workers’ compensation, a distinction held by only 14 lawyers throughout the country. He is one of only four workers’ compensation attorneys in New Jersey to be named on the list, and the only NJ attorney to be named for 27 consecutive years.
Mr. Petro also has been selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyer® list every year since 2005, an honor that no more than five percent of the State’s lawyers receive. Additionally, he has an “AV” rating from the world’s leading lawyer referral service, Martindale-Hubbell; a rating reserved for those lawyers considered preeminent in their field as voted by their peers.
Mr. Petro has been one of only three Presidents of the leading professional organization for workers’ compensation judges and lawyers in New Jersey, The Justice James H. Coleman, Jr. New Jersey Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court, which has a membership of approximately 150 lawyers and judges throughout the State. He was also one of 38 National Trustees for the American Inns of Court Foundation, the nation’s leading professional organization promoting legal excellence, professionalism, ethics, and civility for United States judges and lawyers. In addition, he served from 2008 to 2012 as National Treasurer for the American Inns of Court Foundation.
- Certified by New Jersey Supreme Court as a Workers’ Compensation Law Attorney, since the inception of the New Jersey certification program (1998)
- Past President of The Justice James H. Coleman, Jr. New Jersey Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court, the leading New Jersey workers’ compensation professional organization for judges and lawyers who practice New Jersey workers’ compensation (2002-2006)
- National Trustee for the American Inns of Court Foundation, the nation’s leading professional organization for judges and lawyers dedicated to legal excellence, professionalism, ethics and civility (2004 to date)
- National Treasurer for the American Inns of Court Foundation (2008 to 2012)Fifteen years’ service on the Executive Committee for the Workers’ Compensation Section of the New Jersey Bar Association, including representative of the Judicial Selection Committee for all attorneys seeking to become workers’ compensation judgesNamed in every New Jersey survey by Best Lawyers in America® as one of New Jersey’s leading workers’ compensation lawyers (1995 to date)
- Named on every NJ Super Lawyers® list in the area of workers’ compensation (2005 to date)
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the world’s leading referral service; The A/V rating is reserved for less than 10% of lawyers who are considered preeminent in their fields
With offices in Northfield/Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Cape May Court House, and the Hamilton Township/Trenton area, Petro Cohen serves communities throughout Southern New Jersey, including Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean, and Salem counties. Contact Mr. Petro at (888) 675-7607.