Certified in Employment Law -
Florida Bar Board Certification in Employment Law - Lawyers certified in "Labor and Employment Law" by the Florida Board of Legal Specialization have demonstrated substantial involvement in this area of the law.
Under Rule 6-23.2, the term "Labor and Employment law" is defined as "advice and representation concerning the application and interpretation of public and private sector labor and employment law principles, as well as employment discrimination and employment-related civil rights law."
Attorneys that practice labor and employment law in Florida deal with "state and federal laws that apply to the employment relationship including, but not limited to:
(1) the National Labor Relations Act, as amended;
(2) the Fair Labor Standards Act;
(3) Florida's public sector collective bargaining laws and career service appeals;
(4) the Employment Retirement Income Security Act;
(5) the Family Medical Leave Act;
(6) Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and Florida's Civil Rights Act;
(7) the Americans With Disabilities Act;
(8) Occupational Safety and Health Act; [and]
(9) the Age Discrimination in Employment Act."